Actors never fail to blow our minds by being like chameleons and playing different roles. However, some projects require that their usual faces become completely different too, to the point that the audience can barely recognize who is playing the role.
Impresionante wants to highlight the work of both actors and make-up artists by showing these amazing transformations. We were greatly surprised to find out what famous actors were behind some of our favorite characters.
1. Nicole Kidman as Virginia Wolf in The Hours
2. Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein for Maestro
3. Tilda Swinton as Dianna in Trainwreck
4. Emmy Rossum as Angelyne in Angelyne
5. Sean Penn as John Mitchell in Gaslit
6. Oscar Isaac as Apocalypse in X-Men: Apocalypse
7. Glenn Close as Gutless in Hook
8. Gary Oldman as Dracula in Bram Stoker’s Dracula
9. Lily James as Pamela Anderson in Pam & Tommy
10. Jared Leto as Paolo Gucci in House of Gucci
11. Jessica Chastain as Tammy Faye Bakker in The Eyes of Tammy Faye
12. Charlize Theron as Aileen in Monster
13. Claire Foy as Lisbeth Salander in The Girl in the Spider’s Web
14. Michael Keaton as Betelgeuse in Beetle Juice
15. Margot Robbie as Queen Elizabeth I in Mary Queen of Scots
What’s your favorite on-screen transformation? Do you go to great lengths when you dress up as someone else, like for Halloween?
Photo credit Joel Ryan/Invision/AP/East News, Album Online/East News